Friday, July 3, 2009

Fun Friday

This week's fun, in no particular order:



  • Spent two evenings in the sunshine at Cuddy Family Park and Rogers Park Elementary.

  • Picnic and playdate with friends in Eagle River.

  • Completed the Hidey Hole.

  • Played in the sprinkler.

  • Went to the gym 4x (this is great fun even for the kids, I promise! They love the play center and never want to leave!)

  • Watered the garden daily. (Can I just repeat what I posted on a friend's blog this week and say -- Mmmmmmm. Just thinking about my garden brings peace to my spirit. I can't believe I waited so long, and was so afraid to try my hand at it - our first real garden was planted about 5 weeks ago. It really took getting my hands dirty to understand the earthy pleasure and pure joy, the connection and awe at how a tiny seed can bring forth food. Real FOOD!? It never ceases to amaze and thrill me.

  • Noah's 6th Birthday celebration, complete with cake (yellow with chocolate frosting) for dinner, and going to Sports Authority to let him select his two main gifts; a baseball glove and binoculars. He also got a bike helmet and is going to Build a Bear with me, he just doesn't know it yet. And no, we didn't plan the alliterative birthday boy bash, but... =)

  • Saw sweet new baby moose three different days.

We were pretty excited to see this amazing double rainbow. I wish the picture did it justice. You can't tell, but we could see both "ends", one in the mountains, and the other right behind this church (ABT!) The kids were in awe. And I was blessed when Bug told his brother, "Hey, that's God promising he'll never flood the earth again!"




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome picture and awesome reminder of God's faithfulness and promises!

melanie said...

That is a GORGEOUS rainbow!! Wow!!!

Sounds like y'all have had a good week. :) I do the "what we did this week" journaling too. It's nice to look back. :)